Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited (MMAL) achieved record sales of 62,496 in 2010, representing a 9.6 per cent increase from 2009. Combined with strong growth in the SUV market and a number of record results, 2010 proved to be a successful year for the company.
In 2010, MMAL made history by introducing the first fully electric vehicle in volume production to the Australian market, with 112 i-MiEVs registered on VFacts.
Other highlights achieved by MMAL during 2010 included:
· Best ever annual result for Lancer with 23,076 sales
· Best ever annual result for Outlander with sales of 8,537
· Growth of 52.5 per cent in the total SUV market thanks to strong sales of Outlander, ASX, Challenger and Pajero
· Pajero sales increasing at double the market rate (32.5 per cent compared to 16.1 per cent) to reach a total of 6,986
· Another record year for Triton with sales of 16,578
· Strong sales of the new ASX, with 631 sold in December
MMAL president and CEO, Masahiko Takahashi, said the strong sales results for 2010 reflected the company’s commitment to providing customers with highly equipped vehicles at attractive prices.
“Mitsubishi is committed to sustainable, consistent growth, and I’m confident we can continue to consolidate our market share in 2011,” Takahashi said.
“We have a great product line-up to offer customers and we are determined to succeed.”
Sales of the new ASX are expected to strengthen as more stock becomes readily available in 2011, with 2,349 already sold in 2010.
Calendar year sales for the company totalled 62,496, an increase of 9.6 per cent over total sales for 2009. MMAL’s overall 2010 total market share remained steady at 6 per cent.